Kaapro Management Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a consulting firm engaged in consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India, has been engaged with Odisha Livelihoods Mission (OLM) to provide consulting services for Conducting Recruitment of Staff in Odisha Livelihoods Mission. In this regard, Kaapro invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of Dy CEO (Livelihoods) on contractual basis.
The Odisha Livelihoods Mission (OLM) was launched in 2011 under the aegis of the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) – Aajeevika. The Mission’s objective is to reduce rural poverty in Odisha by creating and strengthening community based institutions, which can function as pathways to sustainable livelihoods.The Mission is currently being implemented intensively in 107 blocks and the remaining 207 blocks will be brought under the Mission fold by 2018-19, through a phased approach. The Mission seeks to alleviate rural poverty by creating and nurturing of the poor which will in turn mediate the livelihoods of the rural poor. The four core components of the Mission are: (i) inclusive social mobilization and community institution building; (ii) financial inclusion; (iii) promotion of sustainable livelihoods and employment opportunities of the poor; and (iv) enabling the poor to access entitlements, public services through line departments and PRIs.
The Mission builds on the learning from the World Bank supported TRIPTI project which had adopted strategies and components similar to NRLM. The Mission is implemented through a three-tier structure viz., State Mission Management Unit (SMMU), District Mission Management Unit (DMMU) and Block Mission Management Unit (BMMU). The qualified & professional manpower is required to achieve the mission’s objectives.
Incumbent of this role shall be responsible for:
- Responsible to the CEO and work closely with Addl. CEO (Operations) and other members of SMMU.
- Planning, monitoring, achievement of targets and Strategic Guidance to Livelihoods Cell
- Preparing plan and strategy for implementation of livelihood component through DMMUs & BMMU.
- Identifying sub-sectors of livelihood interventions.
- Responsible for developing comprehensive business plan for livelihood enhancement through establishment of value chain, market linkages, producer companies etc.
- Planning and implement livelihood promotion plans in convergence with the line departments.
- Responsible for developing producers collectives in various sub components.
- Organizing state level workshops and interface meetings with potential organization / companies / technology firms.
- Developing necessary terms of reference for technical agencies, monitor and supervise their work and ensure timely deliverables.
- Undertaking periodic field visits and work closely with DMMU and BMMU to monitor progress of livelihood promotion activities and prepare necessary reports.
- Develop liasoning with NGO, civil society, donor organizations, academic institution, input suppliers and market agencies
- Any task as assigned by the CEO.
Remuneration: Rs. 60,000/- p.m. to Rs. 70,000/- p.m. (based on the suitability of the candidate)
Assignment Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Qualification: Post Graduation
Age: 32-45 Years as on application closing date
Experience & Knowledge:
Applicant for this job must have:
- Professional with minimum 10 years progressive experience in the development sector with last 3 years in leadership roles.
- Experience of working in externally aided / government funded development projects will be an added advantage.
- Must have extensive experience of developing at least two pro-poor sub sectoral value chain involving 2000-10000 producers including developing producers collective.
- Strong understanding of the issues regarding livelihoods of poor / small holders, generic understanding of livelihoods value chain, sub sector analysis process, local area economy study.
- Thorough understanding of the process of developing livelihood collectives producer groups at a village level as well as the pros and cons of various legal entities of producer collectives (Producer Company, Co Operatives, Mutual Benefit Trust, MACs, etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills and an experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
- Strong presentation and articulation skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong ability to network with public and private stakeholders including NGO,civil society, donor organisations, academicians, input suppliers, marketing agencies, etc.
- Possess strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Last date for Response: 3 July 2017
Selection process will consist of the following successive stages:
- Resume Screening -> Objective Test -> Subjective Test ->Group Discussion-> Panel Interview
- Resume Screening - for eligibility check
- Objective Written Test - For assessing Language proficiency, Aptitude, Analytical Skills, General Knowledge, Subject knowledge etc. Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified for the test.
- Subjective Written Test - Open ended questions for subject matter knowledge and skills. Only shortlisted candidates who qualify and hold merit position in Objective Written Test, as per OLM Guidelines, shall be notified for the subjective type written test.
- Group Discussion - Topic based discussion to assess the understanding of the subject matter, and to assess competencies & attitude like ability to think, communicate and influence others, problem solving etc. relevant for the role. Only shortlisted candidates who qualify and hold merit position in previous assessments, as per OLM Guidelines, shall be notified for the Group Discussion.
- Selection Panel Interview - to check suitability, level of experience and expertise and personality fit for the role. Only select candidates who qualify and hold the merit on above assessments shall be notified for the interview.
Applicants should be ready to travel to the designated test location / venue at short notice and at their own cost for all levels of assessments